Wednesday 18 April 2007

The Future - Maybe

Time for an update, I've been very busy with other commitments and haven't had much time. Beta 2 has been released publicly, you can see the announcement post here at SimOuthouse and Alphasim. So the cat is out of the bag, get a copy and give it a spin.

I've also done a very quick test with rolling and pitching carriers. As you can see from the shots, it works! However, there are lots of problems with the aircraft on the deck. It bobbles about, bouncing around and often crashes or gets thrown off the deck. So it looks like it won't be practical in the near future, maybe if I get more time I can come back and investigate further.


The shots above were taken when I was using an extreme roll angle! The one below shows a more gentle approach with very small roll and pitch angles.