Thursday 8 February 2007

Degrees of tests

One thing I keep forgetting is computers need angles in radians not degrees. This would save me wondering why my functions are not returning the correct values. I'm really getting into the dirty work or writing the arrestor part of the program, which means playing with longitude, latitude, distances and altitudes.

Another thing I need to consider is testing once the program is more mature. This of course means beta testers! Last time around there were only a small group, which I may start off with again, but later make it an open beta. Hopefully this will mean I can find region specific errors early and fix them quicker. A good example me not doing things right with version 1 was a problem with countries that use a comma as the decimal separator. However, things will be different this time as I am not using .Net for the main application.